In the heart of the city of Saint-Emilion, it still belongs to the descendants of the family: the Chapel of the 13th Century, which can be seen on the label, the Hermitage where the saint lived: Emilion and part of the Catacombs. So we can say that we have the cradle of Saint-Emilion.
Château Laniote has been in the Arnaud de la Filolie family for almost two centuries. The property was built by Pierre Lacoste, a wine merchant in Saint-Emilion in 1816, he first bought a winery with several vineyards around it, which gradually increased until 1844.
The property was then passed directly from mother to daughter for eight generations.